Monday, October 18, 2010

Whats up with all the new diseases?

I have a good friend who has some serious mental issues - 7 different drugs, 2 different doctors and 3 different shrinks in a year.  She seems to be getting better but has given up a lot of things she loves because it messes with her head - like beer.  I know many people on different mind "altering" drugs like prozac and they live psuedo normal lives; they have meltdown on occasions but usually feel ok or even good.  I also know many people with autism and aspergers.  I am sure that I don't know that many people I know have problems like these.

Where does all this come from?

Is it really just a situation that has arisen in the past few years?  Or has it always been like this with changes that arise from "better" chemistry?

Do you think that mental health and Asperger's and Autism are related?

No comments:

Post a Comment